- Nowhere could I find a public bathroom.
- Never have I eaten such a wonderful meal.
- Not until you sign the contract is it valid.
- On no account/Under no circumstances must you show anyone this letter.
- At no time/Not once did she offered to pay the gas.
- Rarely/Seldom do I see people reading newspaper.
- No sooner had I left my house than it started to rain.
- Little did I know his past.
- Too long has the crime rate been increasing in this country.
- Only then will the next class be unlocked.
- Only later did I find out that she was cheating.
- Only in winter do lemon trees bear fruit.
- Only after you graduate will you be able to apply for an internship here.
- Only when I am alone can I relax.
條件/假設語氣相當困難，請先理解後再繼續學習其倒裝 → 條件&假設語氣 ←
If you accept Should you accept the job position, you will need to move to New York. 否定句： If you don’t pay Should you not pay the rent by Friday, you will need to move out of the house.
if I had Were I to have better vision, I wouldn’t need to find my glasses now. 否定句： if you didn’t spend Were you not to spend so much money on shoes, there would be enough money for hats now. Be 助動詞句： If I were Were I a foot taller, I would be able to join the basketball team.
If I had known Had I known his serious medical condition, I wouldn’t have complained about my little cold. 否定句： if I hadn’t brought Had I not brought a power bank, my phone would have died.
- Not only did he win but also break the record.
- Under no circumstances should you call him.
- Not for a moment did I think I would be offered the job.
- Not until I got home did I realize my wallet was missing.
- More important than love is money.
- The more contacts were made the better became the situation.
- She speaks English better than does her brother. （未出現在開頭，請勿於口語使用）
地方副詞倒裝非常常見，例如 Here/There comes Jane. 而一般人不知道的是，上圖的空間副詞其實也都可以像地方副詞一樣地倒裝。例如：Here/There/On the box are some apples.
Before 意思是時間上「在…之前」，然而也可以指空間上「在…前面」的概念，所以圖中的例句倒裝是 OK 的（lie 的過去式 = lay）。相比之下，After 只描述「時間 + 空間」，例如 After them came the drummers. 本句翻成「在他們之後」，是時間的概念，也帶有一點空間感。如果要完全指空間上的「在…之後」，那應該使用 behind。